Thursday 5 August 2010

feet in ancient times...

We actually spent today pretty much just bumming around Jerusalem. F's not well- she seems to have got what I had- so we weren't sure about making the journey to Hebron. Depending on events, we might go tomorrow.
Went into the New City today- it's quite bland to be honest. We were sitting in Zion Square for about five minutes before we realised we were actually in Zion Square. It's not even a square, it's more of a halfhearted semi-circle. It all kind of looks like East Ham, you know that white-cement-facades-and-brick-pavement look of any high street. I was hoping for a little more spectacle, expecially after the Old City.

We met a boy outside Damascus Gate who recently got back from some international event in New York for kids from different conflict zones around the place- they had kids from Israel, Palestine, Northern Ireland, and South Africa. He obviously had an amazing time and he was keen to practice his English and discuss the experience, and also discuss the history of Israel and the situation here. His English was brilliant and he was really well read, and clearly very intelligent and passionate. And only 15. I told him to start a blog! He should definitely be writing. He wants to add us on facebook so when he gets his blog going I'll be forwarding the link to everyone.

Currently sitting in Fawlty Towers using their internet, with the guy who works here sitting the other end of the room watching WWE up loud. It's quite distracting.

And that's pretty much it for today. Except I'm really pissed off because I've lost one of my memory cards, the one from Jerusalem through Bethlehem. I really really hope I find it, there were some photos on there I really want.

It's Friday tomorrow and I don't feel very updated on Eastenders.

We reach in London Sat eve, or that's the plan.


Love to all


L
xxx



Love to all. Will update more when I feel better.

F
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment